Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Life Style Change

I sent Nathan to the doctor because I wanted to reduce coverage on our insurance. I am so thankful I sent him. We will be keeping the coverage we have. He was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. He has to test every morning. His blood sugar was 300 this morning.

Nathan has lost 52 pounds since June and would like to lose 48 more. That will help, but as we know diabetes isn't curable, only treatable. Our lifestyle will need to change. I am working on researching what he can eat and what is healthier for all of us. I think we will need to go see a nutritionist.

Now that it is on both sides of our family I am worried about my girls. I hope and pray that I will be able to teach them how to eat healthier and we can prevent them from getting it as adults.
I have a prayer request section added on the side under my bio. I felt like I need to pray specifically right now.

No comments: