Thursday, October 25, 2007

Life Goes On


Nathan has been gone all week and all is well. I had him call me every hour as he traveled on Tuesday. I couldn't answer it since I was teaching, but it was on vibrate in my pocket. Just knowing he was okay made me feel better.

Tuesday night Kierstyn gets sick with strep, ear infection and the stomach flu! So I am missing two more days of school, but what are you to do? Once again, I need to take my own advice and put my family first and leave my guilt behind. I have the sick days for a reason.

Nathan will be home Friday night. He called the Volvo dealership and found a 2007 S60 passion red car. Since the 08s are out they are coming off the price $6500! Now if we would just hear from the total loss unit about the s40 Volvo. We would like to purchase the S60 on Saturday since they are holding it for us. The above car is the 2008, but the body style is the same and they don't make passion red anymore which is what our other car was, but this will give you an idea of what the new car will look like.

When we got home last weekend we realized we left our Toll tag (a must have in Dallas) and we couldn't find a set of keys that were in the console in the wrecked car. I didn't see them. We call the appraiser and he said he couldn't legally get anything out of the car for us, so luckily it was still there when he got in to town on Tues. He got the toll tag, which was still Velcro to the windshield and found his keys under the passenger seat. He said he leaned over and started feeling around under the seat since he couldn't get over there and felt them right at the edge! Once again, God is GOOD!

Saturday, Kierstyn plays soccer at 10am, we are going to see about the new car, I have our school carnival and shift at 4:45, and four ladies on my block are going as "Robert Palmer" girls to our annual block party for Halloween. Laura and Nichola found the cutest little black dresses for us! I am so excited! I will be sure and post pictures on Sunday. Nathan and I always do a couple thing, but I couldn't pass up a chance to be a Palmer Girl! :*)

No comments: