Sunday, February 24, 2008

What a day!



We go to a new church called: The Community at Lake Ridge Wow! What a blessing this place has been to us. Today was commitment Sunday. We gave a sacrificial one time gift, then pledged what we could give over our 10% tithe. I am working very hard to make sure that I give my 10% this month. I believe that God will bless us when we tithe. We want to join the church and I was really struggling with joining a small group. With my hectic life, I just couldn't fathom adding one more thing to my schedule, but God has truly laid it on my heart that I do have the time, I just need to make it and be cheerful about it. I think this will truly give me the strength to get though my weeks sometime. I have emailed our pastor and let him know that I am willing to open my home to have a small group here. I feel this is my way of serving and also being a part of a small group. I am so excited to feel such a peace about something that I felt so negative about last week. It is amazing how God can change your heart when you obey Him! I feel so positive about everything right now.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

So fun to hear what God is doing in your life! Glad y'all found this church - it sounds like a great place.

We love our small group - glad your family is joining one.

PS- Thanks for checking on me. Glad to hear your mom is doing better.

Jenn said...

Been missing reading your posts on your blog. I hope you are all doing well!