Monday, June 30, 2008

Glass Cactus

Laura turned 40 and her husband took her to the Gaylord Texan. The cul de sac decided to surprise her at the Glass Cactus. I haven't been out dancing in a long time. I got a new dress and shoes. We got there around 7:15 and it was beginning to rain (storm), so they moved the reservations in from outside to inside and took all the tables. We made friends with someone who worked there and he got us a table. Le Freak was on stage about 9:00. Laura and Bill arrived at 8:30 and it was so much fun to see how surprised she was! Once the band started playing the girls headed to the dance floor. We danced and danced and danced. I had an empty beer bottle in my hand and I danced in to a gentleman and his "friend, wife, girlfriend???" anyway, before I knew it he had taken my bottle and brought me back a new one. I hadn't had that happen before. In between sets they had just dance music on. My feet hurt so bad from dancing in heels that were to new and to high. I couldn't take my shoes off due to some glass from a broken glass. We ran into some friends of ours that were there for a 30th birthday. The party they were with paid to have unlimited drinks for 5 hours! Nathan hung out with them for a while. The girls danced until well past 12:30. Then at 1 they played their last song and the crowds started dispersing. We got home about 2. When I got up the next morning to get to church, my legs/knees/feet/ hurt so bad! I have been lifting weights and I think that and the dancing just about killed me LOL.... plus I was a abit hung over. I talked to Michelle and she made me promise next time she started dancing like she did last night to shoot her LOL... she said she feels like she has whip flash... Are we too old for this?? Nah... just out of dancing shape. It is a good excuse to do it again! I hope to have pictures soon as there was only one camera. I can't believe we all forgot cameras except Helen!

2 comments:

Kerry Kern said...

That story made me laugh so hard! No you are not to OLD!!!!

Jenn said...

Sounds like a fun night. You know my comfort level with dancing (thanks mom and dad) - not my cup of tea. But I would have had fun hanging out with everyone. I would have had another drink choice - still can stand beer - but wine or another drink would have worked. ;o)