Thursday, October 18, 2007

The car

Nathan and I went today and looked at the car. OH MY! I broke down. It was all so surreal to me until I saw the car. I took tons of pictures and once I get home I will upload them. The passenger side seat is non existent. It is about a 1/4 of the size of what it was. Thank you GOD that NOONE was with him. They would have died! The door broke apart and part of it hit Nathan in the head and he has a big bump. He was complaining today his side hurts and we looked at him and he has an abrasion on his side probably from the door coming in on him and a bruise coming up. He is very slow moving right now. The tow truck driver verified the visablity on the road was non existent. He said he had a hard time seeing, so since Nathan was unfamilar with the area, he just didn't see the stop sign. But to his defense, she was travel at a very high rate of speed to have caused so much damage to the car and push his car 150-200 feet. We were able to get the battery reconnected and the radio works :*) so we were able to pull the radio away and get his AC/DC cd out.
The insurance company is saying that since the car is only 4 months old, that we should be able to submit a bill of sale and they will replace the car. We hope it is that easy.

Thank you so very much for all the emails and phone calls and offers of help. I was facing a 5.5 hour trip last night and my prayer was that it would go by quickly so that I could get to Nathan. With all the phone calls it went by faster for me.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I am so thankful that Nathan and the lady in the other car are okay. Praying for your family as you go through all the Insurance stuff. Wow - what a miracle!!